Newly adapted ‘WHY DO I WORRY?’ 7+ week intervention to help children and young people manage their anxieties, based on the How Big Is Your Worry resource which proves so useful with our young people.
Written by Niki Green, the intervention aims to raise self-awareness of the issues which cause anxiety, due to the rapid increase in numbers of young people with anxiety.
- educate about the anxiety cycle
- learn to evaluate and quantify their worries including identifying areas of control
- increase awareness of their strengths and difficulties
- understand the changes in the brain during anxious moments
- an understanding of the physical feelings indicating anxiety
- educate around the optimal time to use strategies for calming
- develop a range of problem solving skills and distraction techniques
- and introduce a mindfulness calming activity
Resources are available in a zipped folder which is labelled into weeks to enable ease of delivery. The resulting workbook produced can often provide invaluable evidence towards any further assessment process and has been commended by local health professionals. Suitable for young people 6-16 years of age.
Your trainer is Niki Green.