- This event has passed.
TAMING YOUR TEMPER, a Parent and Child Workshop (9-11yrs)
Feb 17 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm£5.00 – £45.00
Due to the level of interest expressed we expect these workshops to sell out quickly, early booking advised to ensure availability.
Are outbursts and meltdowns affecting your child’s life and becoming disabling, both for them and your family?
Based on our popular emotional regulation intervention, this workshop will enable you to work with your child in a supportive environment with a skilled facilitator. We shall be looking to
• raise self-awareness including identifying triggers
• educate about the anger cycle
• ascertain understanding of emotions
• understand the changes in the brain before and during crisis
• an understanding of the physical feelings during the anger cycle
• educate around the optimal time to use strategies for calming
• develop a range of coping strategies
• understand the consequences of choices
•create a plan for managing crisis events
Together with your child you will complete a workbook which will serve as a prompt and support moving on from the workshop. This interactive workshop will also comprise videos and practical activities with activities around deep breathing/mindfulness. Children will take home resources at the end of the session.
Costs (to include extensive resources)
Parent/one child £45
Additional Child £20
Additional Adult £5
A social story will be supplied prior to the event. Parking is free at the venue if you display a sign saying ‘With The Contented Child’.