- This event has passed.
Managing Difficult Emotions – A Parent and Child Workshop SOLD OUT
Apr 11 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm£5.00 – £35.00
AGE 9 – 12 YEARS
Do you struggle to understand/manage your child’s fluctuating emotions? Are after school meltdowns impacting on your family life? Are you uncertain of how best to support your child during their ‘crisis’ situations?
Based on our popular Emotional Regulation intervention, this workshop will enable you to work with your child in a supportive environment. We shall be looking to
- raise self-awareness
- educate about the anxiety/anger cycle
- ascertain understanding of emotions (both in oneself and other)
- understand the changes in the brain before and during crisis
- an understanding of the physical feelings during the cycle
- educate around the optimal time to use strategies for calming
- develop a range of strategies
- understand the consequences of choices
Together with your child you will complete a workbook which will serve as a prompt and support moving on from the workshop. This interactive workshop will also comprise practical activities with children making their own calming tube, stress ball and activities around deep breathing. Children will take home resources at the end of the session.
Costs (to include extensive resources)
Parent/one child £35
Additional Child £15
Additional Adult £5
Tickets are limited for this workshop so there will be ample support from an experienced facilitator throughout.
Please note age ranges prior to booking.
Parking free with a note displayed stating ‘With The Contented Child’.